RV Parking and Tents Sites
All sites are on a first in first serve basis unless otherwise reserved and booked prior to arrival. There are two powered sites for RV Campers- charges apply. There is also power supply at the toilet block and kitchen for phone charging etc. Bookings are not essential other than for powered sites and during busy holiday periods.
At booking the option of full or limited use of the facilities is reflected in the pricing structure. Full use of facilities - "Full Facilities" includes the use of the unique camp bush kitchen, BBQ area and Pizza oven. Our bush baths are also available for use for full paying guests to enjoy. If you just want to enjoy the park but not use all these extra facilities then there is a "limited use" rate.
All guests have full access to the shared bush bathroom with washing and toilet facilities including a hot water shower.
This site is family friendly, however we advise that small children are supervised at all times. The river is perfect for a dip in hot weather or try your luck at fishing for beautiful rainbow trout.
Pets are welcome by prior approval only. It is your responsibility to have it under full command at all times and to clean up after it. A small cost applies- please advise when booking.
The River Park site amenities include
- Full camp bush kitchen, BBQ and Pizza oven
- Cold running fresh water taps
- Outdoor bush baths
- Firewood and fire pits
- Free access to fishing in river
- Camp toilets, showers and wash down area
- Powered sites
- Mobile phone coverage good
- All prices ( $NZ) are per 2 guests unless otherwise quoted
- Limited to a maximum 1 week stay
- Payment must be received prior to intended stay or at registration station- VISA and Master credit cards accepted. Please refer to terms and conditions at bottom of the page
- All Booked sites, venue and Glamping options require confirmation deposit payment
- All guests enter this property at their own risk. We advise use of appropriate vehicle and use of farm tracks at all times. No off track driving
- Pets are welcome by prior approval only
- No day guests allowed
- All guests agree to the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration form
- Management reserves the right to ask any non-conforming guests to leave the property
Please enquire through the contact us section for current conditions and bookings.
RV and Freedom Camping @ the River Park site
Freedom Sites -"limited facilities"are available now for all guests including NZMCA members. We welcome you to come and visit the River Side Park. There is plenty of parking under the shade of the trees or on the big open lawn. You are welcome to use the toilet and shower facilities of the park whilst staying at the Park and take a walk on the farm. Freedom campers also welcome to visit. Registration and pay option at gate entry off River Road.
Bookings and Rates
Please email us for a quote for your stay or visit our booking section to book online. Bookings are not essential however we recommend booking ahead during the busy summer periods and public holidays.
Limited use of facilities
Casual Site plus toilets and hot shower only
$20 per night one - two guests. Additional guests $5 per night
Full use of facilities
As above including kitchen, pizza oven, bbq, bush baths, fires etc
$30 per site per night for one -two guests. Additional guests $10 per night.
Full use of facilities- including power
As above including powered site, kitchen, pizza oven, bbq, bush baths, fires etc
$45 per site per night for two guests. Additional guests $10 per night.
Pets- by prior approval only
Note all pets need to have up to date vaccinations and worming within one month of arrival. $5 per stay cash donation- not covered in booking option.
Please note that all prices quoted are a compulsory donation to the running of the private park. A registration form is to be completed at the registration station at the entrance to the park from River Road.
You will be entering Waiwhenua Farm at your own risk. Please take due care during your stay and observe the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration information .