Whilst we endeavour to keep all information and pricing in this site up to date we do reserve the right to change pricing where necessary.
All pricing is indicative only unless it is on the booking page.
Waiwhenua is a working farm. For the safety of all concerned it’s very important to follow the safety guidelines and terms that you’ll find in your booking terms in your accommodation. These terms and guidelines include:
- Entering and exploring our property is by permission only. You are entering our property at your own risk and we hold no responsibility for any accident or injury incurred while staying at Waiwhenua.
- Visitors to the farm stay at their own risk. This is a working farm with hazards both farm related (ie. machinery and animals) and natural (ie. Ongaonga/stinging nettle)
- Leave gates as you find them and make sure that an adult closes them correctly.
- Animals are unpredictable. It is best to avoid them at all times unless under supervision of a staff member.
- Extreme caution driving around the property – driving speed limit on the property is slow at all times. No off road/track driving.
- Supervise young children carefully. There are specific water hazards for young children on the property – for example, water troughs, dams, streams and the river.
- For your own safety please do not touch any farm machinery, and do not enter the farm buildings on the property unless given permission to do so.
- All walks are un- guided however you must have prior permission to access any other parts of the property. Any disruption of stock due to negligence will not be appreciated by those that work on the farm. It is important to keep to the designated tracks.
- Pets are welcome by prior approval only
- No day guests allowed
- All guests agree to the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration form
- Management reserves the right to ask any non-conforming guests to leave the property
Confirmation and Cancellation Policies
- I/we agree the deposit of one night’s accommodation to confirm my/our booking must be paid by credit card, cheque or bank transfer to Waiwhenua Partnership account Rabo bank account . We reluctantly have to apply a 4% surcharge on all credit card bookings.
- Credits card details also to be supplied in case of any unforeseen circumstances: name, number and expiry date of card. Please confirm all payments by return email or by phone.
- If I/we cancel the booking within 7 days of the first booked date I/we accept that the deposit becomes non-refundable. With less than four weeks’ notice of cancellation I/we will accept that there will be no deposit refund unless the accommodation is resold.
- Payment in full for accommodation is required either by credit card, cheque prior to visiting the property or by bank transfer on the day of arrival. Credit payments will be taken at commencement of your stay. No refund for the full booking will be given on cancellation within 24 hours of commencement of booking or during your stay, unless the booking is resold.
- I/we agree to abide by the house rules of the property we book, as displayed in the accommodation and will be responsible for any loss, damage or breakage’s which may occur during my/our stay.
- I/we agree to leave the accommodation in a tidy state on departure.
- Email copy received of these conditions implies acceptance of the conditions by the visitor unless otherwise stated in other correspondence.
Check in Check Out times
Check in is between 3pm and 7pm on the day of arrival and check out is by 10am on the day of departure unless otherwise agreed to.