The River Cabin at the River Side Park
The Cabin is Open October to May
Leave the city behind, get off the beaten track & experience a stay at our beautiful relaxing River Cabin. Less than an hours drive up the Taihape Road, west of Napier and Hastings cities finds Waiwhenua Farmstays River Side Park situated on the banks of the Tutaekuri River. Want hassel free camping? Our comfy River Cabin is set up for those wanting to have a nice relaxing stay at the river.
A short wind down the farm track through the farm and bush to the secluded river section finds this newly developed River Park camping site. There is plenty of shade, shelter from the wind and is right on the banks of the river. The River Cabin is fully self contained with its own deck and commanding views of the river.
You are welcome to bring your pets however you are asked to keep them under command at all times or tied up.
We offer a well-appointed one room cabin, comfy beds and a small kitchenette to boil your morning brew. It is currently off the power grid however we do supply good lighting to use during your stay.
You just walk in to a well set up cabin. Our full bush camp kitchen, including the pizza oven and BBQ are available for use.
The Bush Bathroom and washing facilities are all within easy access of your site. This site is family friendly, however we advise that the cabin is unsuitable for children under the age of five.
The river is perfect for a dip in hot weather or try your luck at fishing for beautiful rainbow trout.
The River Park and Cabin site amenities include:
- Self-contained cabin including bedding and all linen
- Expansive deck and outdoor furniture
- Full bush camp kitchen, BBQ and pizza oven
- Cold running fresh drinking water taps
- Hot showers
- Outdoor bush bath
- Gas camp cooking facilities
- Firewood and fire pits- Season permitting
- Camp toilets
Bookings are essential for the River Cabin. There is also a minimum two night stay.
Up to 4 Guests. $120 per night per two guests. Additional guest rate applies.
Minimum two night stay. Prior bookings are essential.
- All prices ( $NZ) are per person unless otherwise quoted.
- Limited to a maximum 1 week stay
- All Booked sites, venue and cabin bookings require confirmation deposit payment
- Payment must be received prior to intended stay - VISA and Master credit cards accepted on large bookings
- All guests enter this property at their own risk- we advise use of appropriate vehicle use of farm tracks at all times. No off track driving
- Pets are welcome by prior approval only
- No day guests allowed
- All guests agree to the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration form and the house rules as displayed in the cabin
- Management reserves the right to ask any non-conforming guests to leave the property