RV Parking and Tents Sites
Leave the city behind, get off the beaten track & experience the best of Hawkes Bay camping. Less than an hours drive up the Taihape Road, west of Napier and Hastings cities finds Waiwhenua Farmstays River Side Park situated on the banks of the Tutaekuri River.
A short wind down through the farm and bush to the secluded river section finds this newly developed River Park river camping site. It includes plenty of shade and shelter from the wind. The location is right on the banks of the river which flows right past your front door.
You are welcome to bring your pets however you are asked to keep them under command at all times or tied up.
All sites are on a first in first serve basis. You have full access to the shared bush bathroom with washing and toilet facilities including a hot water shower. You have the option of full or limited use of the facilities. This is reflected in the pricing structure. Full use of facilities includes the use of the unique camp bush kitchen, BBQ area and Pizza oven. Our bush baths are also available for use for full paying guests to enjoy.
This site is family friendly, however we advise that small children are supervised at all times. The river is perfect for a dip in hot weather or try your luck at fishing for beautiful rainbow trout.
The River Park site amenities include
- Full camp bush kitchen, BBQ and Pizza oven
- Hot water shower
- Cold running water taps
- Outdoor bush baths
- Gas camp cooking facilities
- Firewood and fire pits
- Free access to fishing in river
- BBQ and Pizza oven
- Camp toilets
- All prices ( $NZ) are per person unless otherwise quoted.
- Limited to a maximum 1 week stay
- Payment must be received prior to intended stay or at registration station- VISA and Master credit cards accepted. Please refer to terms and conditions at bottom of the page
- All Booked sites, venue and Glamping options require confirmation deposit payment
- All guests enter this property at their own risk. We advise use of appropriate vehicle and use of farm tracks at all times. No off track driving
- Pets are welcome by prior approval only
- No day guests allowed
- All guests agree to the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration form
- Management reserves the right to ask any non-conforming guests to leave the property
Please enquire through the contact us section for current conditions and bookings.
Please use our bookings system HERE
RV and Freedom Camping @ the River Park site
Sites are available now for all guests including NZMCA members. We welcome you to come and visit the River Side Park. There is plenty of parking under the shade of the trees and you are welcome to use the facilities of the park whilst staying at the Park and take a walk on the farm. Freedom campers also welcome to visit.
Please email us for a quote for your stay or visit our booking section to book online. Bookings are not essential however we recommend booking ahead during the busy summer periods and public holidays.
One tent, Car , RV or Caravan
Toilets and hot shower only
$15 per night two guests. Additional guests $5 per night OR
Full use of facilities
As above including kitchen, bush baths etc
$30 per site per night for two guests. Additional guests $5 per night.
Please note that all prices quoted are a compulsory donation to the running of the private park. A registration form is to be completed at the registration station at the entrance to the park from River Road. .
You will be entering Waiwhenua Farm at your own risk. Please take due care during your stay and observe the rules and guidelines as outlined in the registration information .